Release of Liability and Program Policies
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND PERMISSION TO PARTICIPATE IN ACTIVITIES
- I understand that even with proper supervision, use of the equipment and workshop activities have some risk, and therefore the company, and its employees are not liable for risk. I hereby consent to my child’s participation in the STEM For Kids Programs and do forever release, acquit, discharge, and covenant to hold harmless Pure Minds Education Support Services, and their respective officers, employees, agents, affiliates, representatives, and assigns from any and all actions, causes of action, and claims that may arise on account of, or in any way growing out of, directly or indirectly, all known and unknown personal injuries or property damage which I as a parent or legal guardian or my child may have or hereafter acquire as a result of my child’s participation in the STEM For Kids Programs.
- I hereby grant permission for the camp administration to take necessary steps to obtain emergency medical care, if warranted in the opinion of the camp administration. These steps may include the following:
- attempts to contact parent or guardian,
- attempts to contact persons listed on the registration form.
- If I or the persons listed cannot be reached, the camp administration will call the paramedics or an ambulance, if so warranted in the opinion of the camp administration.
- I understand and agree that any expense incurred will be my responsibility.
- I hereby authorize and grant full permission to STEM For Kids and Pure Minds Education Support Services to publish and copyright all photographs, video and other media in which my child appears while enrolled in a STEM For Kids’ program. I agree that STEM For Kids and Pure Minds Education Support Services may use, in whole or in part, photographs, video, writings, drawings, creations, voice recordings of program participants for activities including but not limited to publications, websites, staff training, curriculum development and marketing. I affirm that I have the legal right to grant this permission. If such is not consented to, I will indicate in my registration in a comment field or in writing be email.
Participant Code of Conduct
- In order for all young learners to have a safe and enjoyable time, participants must demonstrate good behavior. Parents must review the following behavior expectations and consequences with their child prior to the start of any STEM For Kids program. I agree that I understand the behavior expectations and consequences and that I have reviewed these with my child.
- Participant must take responsibility for his/her actions and abide by program rules and policies.
- Participant must treat the counselors, instructors and fellow program participants with respect, kindness, and honesty.
- Participant must listen attentively to counselors and instructors.
- Participant must show support and compassion for other participants by listening, encouraging and helping them during program activities.
- Participant should be fair when playing games; show good sportsmanship.
- Participant should ask counselors or instructors for help if he/she feels unable to meet these expectations.
- Participant must always try his/her best and have fun in ways that are safe for them and others.
- Except when excused by the program instructor or counselor, all participants are expected to remain at their designated area.
Should a negative behavior issue arise, STEM For Kids will apply the following guidelines:
- First Occurrence: A quiet, verbal reprimand
- Second Occurrence: Verbal warning to participant and a phone call to parent or guardian
- Third Occurrence: Parent or guardian will be notified in writing via email.
- If the inappropriate behavior continues beyond the written warning, the participant will be asked to leave for the remainder of the program with no refund of already collected fees.
- If the offense is severe including, but not limited to, fighting, theft, vandalism, possession of weapons, alcohol, cigarettes, or illegal substances, inappropriate language, severe verbal threats, physical aggression, leaving the designated area without permission, or sexual misconduct, the participant will be immediately dismissed from the current program and any other programs he or she is registered to attend, bypassing all steps above, and NO REFUND will be given. The actions taken will be at the discretion of the STEM For Kids’ program director.
- There will be no refunds if a program participant is temporarily or permanently suspended or dismissed from a program due to failure to follow the code of conduct.
- All payments are due in full at the time of registration.
- Payments are made through the online payment system.
- If paying by cheque, these are payable to Pure Minds Education Support Services, and must be paid in full within one week of registration.
- All transfer requests must be submitted in writing and may be sent to Pure Minds Education Support Services via email or mail.
- If transfer is requested within 3 weeks of program start date, a transfer fee of AED 100 per program per child will be charged to the customer.
- Registrations can be transferred only to available camps or programs during the same calendar year.
- All refund requests must be submitted in writing and may be sent to Pure Minds Education Support Services via email or mail.
- AED 200 per camp week per child is a non-refundable deposit and will not be returned for any reason.
- For single camp registrations: A full refund (see exception for groups) less the non-refundable deposit will be provided until three weeks before the start of the registered camp. After such time, tuition is forfeited and may be transferable to another week subject to availability.
- For multi-week registrations: A full refund (see exception for groups) less the non-refundable deposit will be provided until three weeks before the start of the first registered camp. After such time, tuition is forfeited and may be transferable to another week subject to availability.
- For group registrations: No refunds are provided; your registration may be transferable to another week subject to availability.
- Change Requests: Partial refund for reduced camp timing, like changing full day to half day or reducing extended camp timing or cancellation of extended camp timing, will be provided if change requests are made in writing up until three weeks before the start of the camp. After such time, no refund, credit or transfer is provided.
- No Shows: No refund, credit or transfer is provided for a child who misses parts of the program or doesn’t come to the program for any reason.
- If unforeseen conditions including but not limited to extreme weather conditions, outages and epidemics cause STEM For Kids and Pure Minds Education Support Services to shut down its camp for any length of time, no tuition will be refunded, credited or transferred.
- If a program week is cancelled due to less than the minimum number of required registrations, Pure Minds Education Support Services will provide 100% refund only in case of such a cancellation.
- There will be no refunds if a program participant is temporarily or permanently suspended or dismissed from a program due to failure to follow the code of conduct (see Code of Conduct above).
Discounts and Promotions
- Discounts may be offered from time-to-time per Pure Minds Education Support Services pricing promotion. Discounts and promotional offers cannot be combined.
- Pure Minds Education Support Services may send newsletters, program and camp information to me using the email address provided during registration. If such is not consented to, I will indicate above in "Scheduling Comments".
- Campers are required to bring their own lunch and snacks. Send in lunch (full-day and half-day campers) and a snack (full-day campers only) with your camper. We recommend sending in an extra snack if your child is signed up for extended camp timing.
- Parents/guardians will be required to provide transportation to and from the camp.
- Send campers in weather appropriate clothing as we may have outdoor recess.
- Young learners must be promptly picked up at the time the session finishes.
- Pick-ups after 5 minutes of the slated departure time will incur late pickup charges at the rate of AED 5 per minute.