Codeavour 2021: International AI Competition for 7 to 18 Year Olds
Codeavour 2021, this year’s BIGGEST international AI and coding competition for kids is now LIVE!
100,000+ kids from 90+ countries will be competing against each other and will stand a chance to win exciting prizes worth $15,000 in total.
It would be a great opportunity for you to learn artificial intelligence and coding while getting exposure to an international level competition.
Looking to enter? Receive full support from our team
The Codeavour 2021 Competition provides an excellent opportunity for children to explore the world of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML).
Whether your child is a newbie or a seasoned coder, the Codeavour Competition gives children from ages 7 to 18 years a chance to create projects on their innovative ideas to make the world a better place. This year, we are proud to announce that STEM for Kids is collaborating with Codeavour as a Training Partner.
We have created a unique online crash course on AI and ML for students who have no prior experience with AI or ML or even coding. This course will help kids of any age to learn AI and ML. While Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning may sound highly complicated to learn, with an easy-to-use Pictoblox interface, children can easily understand the fundamental concepts of AI like computer vision, face detection, optical character recognition and machine learning.
How does it work?
What is the Codeavour Competition?
Codeavour 2021 is a global online AI and coding competition that aims to bring out AI-based solutions to real-world problems while also imparting crucial 21st Century skills to today's kids, such as AI and coding.
The students can participate either individually or as a team of two.
The Codeavour Competition dates have now been extended to 31st January, 2022!!
The presentation here will help you to understand the event in more detail:
What does our Codeavour AI and Machine Learning Program include?
- 28 hours of online sessions using Zoom; from teaching AI and ML to assisting students with their competition projects
- Flexible days and timings; weekday and weekend options available
- Multiple projects on AI and ML, which will provide scaffolding to create their own project
- Supporting participants with their individual projects for Codeavour Competition from the project beginning till the end
- ‘Talk with an Expert’ session on AI and ML by Mr Badshah Mukherjee
- Access to multiple Bootcamps on AI and ML from Codeavour
When do the sessions start?
Sessions will begin on 12th December 2021 and run through to 29th January 2022
No. of students per session: 15-20
Age Group 1: 7-10-year-olds
Age Group 2: 11-14-year-olds
Age Group 3: 15-18-year-olds
Schedule of sessions - students can attend as many of these as they want:
|7 - 10 Year olds (Group 1)||
Every Sunday and Tuesday from 5:30pm to 6:30pm
Every Saturday from 4pm to 6pm
|11 - 14 Year olds & 15 - 18 Year olds (Groups 2 & 3)||
Every Monday and Wednesday from 5:30pm to 6:30pm
Every Saturday from 4pm to 6pm
What is the cost of the program?
Just AED 350 per student.
The price is inclusive of
- Course fee
- Competition registration fee
- Competition project support
- Expert talk on AI and ML, and
- Bootcamp from STEMpedia
Codeavour AI and ML Program details (for all groups):
- Introduction to Pictoblox
- Project #2
- Orientation of Codeavour Competition
- Guidelines on how to plan their project
- Mentorship/support from the conception of the project to its completion
What are the projects that the children will be working on?
|1 (7 to 10 Year olds)||
(1) Face Finder: Students will create a Pictoblox project with sprites that follow different parts of their faces.
(2) Chatbot: Students will create a chatbot that can answer questions about a topic of their choice.
|2 & 3 (11 to 14 and 15 -to 18 Year olds)||
(1) Snap Card Game: Students will make a card game in Pictoblox that learns to recognise pictures of your card.
(2) Tourist Attractions Generator: Students will create a mobile app in Pictoblox that recommends tourist attractions based on people's interests.
After completion of the projects, the STEM for Kids team will guide each student with the registration and submission process.
What is the Talk with an Expert session about?
Dates: 8th January 2022
Timings: 10 am to 12 pm
About our expert:
Mr Badshah Mukherjee is an experienced AI/ML specialist at the world’s largest privately held software company. His role involves solving business problems across industries using AI/ML. As a specialist and expert in his field, he has judged many hackathons in UAE. He is also currently pursuing his doctorate in AI/ML from a French Business School.
Registration: Just AED 350 - all inclusive price!
"The quality of teaching was very good and they clearly had a passion for teaching and contributing. My daughter has attended many summer camps over the years and this is the only one that she enjoyed.
I would happily recommend STEM for Kids programs to other parents!"